Nov. 12, 2012
No. 23/24 Oklahoma State Cowgirls
1-0 overall; 0-0 Big 12
Missouri State Lady Bears
Tuesday :: Nov. 13, 2012 :: 7:00 p.m. CST
JQH Arena (11,000)
What 2 Watch 4
• Oklahoma State’s women’s basketball team will play its first road game of the season on Tuesday when it travels to Springfield, Mo., to take on Missouri State at 7 p.m.
• The Cowgirls are fresh off a 90-59 season-opening victory over Cal Poly on Friday in Stillwater.
• The contest will be the earliest date for a road game in the history of the program. The Cowgirls opened the 2008-09 campaign at Duke on Nov. 14.
• OSU has won its last three road openers.
• Toni Young enters the contest five rebounds shy of 750 for her career.
• Young is also four blocks away from tying Sheila Hughes for second on the school’s all-time list.
• Tiffany Bias is 10 assists shy of matching Stacy Coffey for fifth place on the school’s all-time chart.
OSU and MSU—The Series
• The two squads have met nine times with the Cowgirls prevailing in six of those meetings.
• The two teams have split the four meetings in Springfield with MSU winning the last two.
• OSU’s last road win in the series came on Dec. 14, 1979, an 89-64 triumph.
• The two squads met twice last season with OSU winning both. The Cowgirls defeated MSU, 80-57, during the regular season before knocking off the Lady Bears again, 70-57, in the WNIT.
• OSU’s last trip to Springfield came on Nov. 29, 2000 and resulted in a 78-44 Lady Bear victory.
Know The Foe
• Tuesday will be the season opener for MSU.
• The Lady Bears finished as the Missouri Valley Conference regular season champion last season.
• Overall, the Lady Bears finished 24-9.
• MSU won a pair of exhibitions to start the 2012-13 campaign. The Lady Bears knocked off Truman State, 87-62, on Nov. 4 and defeated Southwest Baptist, 68-57, on Nov. 8.
Cal Poly Leftovers
• The contest was the 100th career game for senior Toni Young
• All five starters scored in double figures and six Cowgirls overall achieved the feat.
• Young recorded her 22nd career double-double to move into a tie for fifth place on the school’s all-time list with Shaunte’ Smith.
• Sophomore Liz Donohoe set a new career high with six assists.
• The victory was OSU’s sixth straight in home openers.
The Last Meeting
March 22, 2012
Cowgirls Advance to WNIT Quarterfinals
Oklahoma State had four players score in double figures as the Cowgirls knocked off Missouri State, 70-57, on Thursday night in front of 2,372 fans inside Gallagher-Iba Arena to advance to the quarterfinal round of the WNIT.