Nov. 6, 2012
No. 23/24 Oklahoma State Cowgirls
0-0 overall; 0-0 Big 12
Central Oklahoma Bronchos
Wednesday :: Nov. 7, 2012 :: 7:00 p.m. CST
Gallagher-Iba Arena (13,611)
What 2 Watch 4
• Oklahoma State’s women’s basketball team will get the 2012-13 campaign underway on Nov. 7 when it hosts Central Oklahoma at 7 p.m. in the Cowgirls’ lone exhibition contest of the season.
• The contest could potentially be the first action for three new Cowgirls as Kamri Anderson, Brittney Martin and Morgan Toben will all suit up.
• Freshman Brittany Atkins will not play due to injury.
• The contest will be OSU’s only exhibition before beginning the regular season on Nov. 9 when the Cowgirls host Cal Poly at 5:30 p.m.
OSU in Exhibition Play
• The Cowgirls have won 13-straight exhibition contests after last year’s 55-51 victory over Fort Hays State on Nov. 9.
• The Cowgirls’ last exhibition loss came on Nov. 14, 2003 against Northwest Sports in Stillwater.
• OSU and UCO have never met in exhibition play.
OSU and UCO—The Series
• The Cowgirls and Bronchos have met 10 times with OSU holding a 7-3 advantage.
• All 10 meetings took place in the 1970s with the last meeting taking place in 1978.
• OSU has won all five matchups in Stillwater.
Know The Foe
• The Bronchos are in their seventh season under head coach Guy Hardaker.
• UCO is 1-1 through two-thirds of its exhibition schedule after knocking off Oklahoma Baptist, 94-52, and falling at Wichita State, 69-33.
• The Bronchos went 16-10 last season while competing as a Division II independent.
• The Bronchos return nine letterwinners and four starters from a year ago.
• UCO has several ties to Stillwater, including assistant coach Bill Shaw, who is a 1982 graduate of Oklahoma State. Additionally, athletics director Joe Muller and senior associate athletics director Scott Williams, director of media relations Mike Kirk and assistant strength and conditioning coach Chance Kuehn are all OSU graduates.
• Director of athletic compliance Darnell Smith was a member of the Cowboy football team from 2002-06 and assistant baseball coach Tyrone Hambly is a former third baseman for the Cowboys.