March 7, 2013
No. RV/RV Oklahoma State Cowgirls
20-9 overall; 9-9 Big 12
Big 12 Championship
Friday-Monday :: March 8-11, 2013
American Airlines Center (10,279)
• The Cowgirls are 11-16 all time in the tourney.
• OSU's best finish was a runner-up showing in 2008 when it lost in the championship game to Texas A&M in Kansas City.
• The Cowgirls will be looking to snap a three-game losing streak at the event.
• The Cowgirls are 2-1 all time as the tournament's No. 5 seed. The only occasion OSU has previously been No. 5 was 1998.
• OSU has had four all-tournament selections: Cheri Edwards (1998), Andrea Riley (2008, 2010) and Danielle Green (2008)
• OSU's last Big 12 Championship victory came on March 12, 2010 against Iowa State.
• OSU is 1-3 in tourney games played in Dallas. The Cowgirls went 1-1 in 2003 and 0-1 in 2004 and 2006.
What 2 Watch 4
• Oklahoma State will open play at the Big 12 Championship on Saturday at 11 a.m. against Texas Tech inside Dallas' American Airlines Center.
• The winner will advance to Sunday's semifinal game, which is slated for a 1 p.m. tip.
• The Cowgirls enter play as the event's No. 5 seed, while the Lady Raiders will be the No. 4 seed.
• The contest will be televised by Fox Sports Net.
• The Cowgirls played just one game at a neutral site this season, defeating Harvard in San Diego on Dec. 28 at the Surf `N Slam Classic.
• Toni Young will be playing in her 129th career contest, which ranks second all time in OSU history and is two shy of Andrea Riley's school record of 131.
• Eight of OSU's nine league wins have been by double figures and its margin of victory is +17.8 in those contests.
Know The Foe
• The Lady Raiders closed out the season with a pair of losses, losing on the road against Kansas State and to Oklahoma in Lubbock.
• Tech swept the season series against OSU, logging a 64-59 win in Stillwater to open conference play as well as a 68-62 win in Lubbock on Feb. 27.
• Tech leads the league in turnover margin at +5.5.
Stating Her Case
Brittney Martin has made a strong case to be named Big 12 Freshman of the Year. Statistically, she stands as the most well-rounded of the league's rookies. Martin ranks in the top five among freshmen in scoring (3rd), rebounding (2nd), steals (1st), blocks (5th) and assists (4th).
OSU has put together a solid resumé in its effort to return to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2010. The Cowgirls reached the 20-win mark and logged nine Big 12 wins. OSU currently has an RPI of 40 and owns four wins, including two on the road, over teams with an RPI in the top 50.
Iowa State Leftovers
• Tiffany Bias played 40 minutes for the eighth consecutive game and has played 478 of a possible 480 minutes over OSU's last 12 games.
• Toni Young grabbed two rebounds to move into a tie for second on the school's all-time list at 1,019.
• Brittney Martin logged her third career double-double with 20 points and 11 rebounds.