Feb. 14, 2012
Oklahoma State Cowgirls
13-8 overall; 5-7 Big 12
No. 1/1 Baylor Lady Bears
25-0 overall; 12-0 Big 12
Wednesday :: Feb. 15, 2012 :: 7 p.m. CST
Gallagher-Iba Arena (13,611)
What 2 Watch 4
• The Cowgirls will host the nation’s top-ranked team on Wednesday night when Baylor comes calling for a 7 p.m. contest inside Gallagher-Iba Arena.
• The game will be OSU’s Play 4Kay game, which raises breast cancer awareness and funds for research on the court, across campuses, in communities and beyond.
• The Cowgirls will sport pink shoes, socks and shooting shirts for the event.
• The Cowgirls have held 18 of their 21 opponents thus far under 40 percent shooting from the floor.
• Wednesday will mark OSU’s fifth all time against the nation’s top-ranked team. Baylor was ranked No. 1 for both games last year and Louisana Tech was ranked No. 1 when the two met in 1989. The fourth game was OSU’s 71-44 loss at Baylor earlier this year.
• 85 of OSU’s 105 starts thus far have been made by freshmen and sophomores.
• Tiffany Bias has led the Cowgirls in assists in 20 of OSU’s 21 games this season and has now paced OSU in 45 of her 53 career games.
Know The Foe
• Baylor is 25-0 overall and has won all eight of its road games to this point.
• Baylor leads the Big 12 in scoring offense and defense as well as field goal percentage and field goal percentage defense.
• The Lady Bears also pace the league in rebounding margin, blocks and assists.
• Brittney Griner’s 22.9 points per game are tops in the league as are her 5.4 blocks per game and her 61.7 field goal percentage.
• Odyssey Sims is the league leader in steals per game as well as 3-point field goal percentage.
• Baylor owns a four-game winning streak in the series and holds a 26-10 advantage overall against OSU.
• The Cowgirls last win in the series came on Jan. 9, 2010 in Stillwater.
• Kendra Suttles scored 16 points in her first action since Jan. 24.
• Lindsey Keller pulled nine boards and has averaged 10.3 rebounds over the squad’s last three games.