Jan. 22, 2013
No. 12/11 Oklahoma State Cowgirls
14-2 overall; 3-2 Big 12
Kansas State Wildcats
11-7 overall; 2-4 Big 12
Wednesday :: Jan. 23, 2013 :: 7:00 p.m. CST
Bramlage Coliseum (12,528)
What 2 Watch 4
• Oklahoma State’s women’s basketball team will begin a two-game road swing through Kansas on Wednesday with a 7 p.m. contest at Kansas State.
• The contest will be televised by Fox College Sports Central with Brian Smoller and Missy Heidrick calling the action.
• OSU will be looking for its first four-game Big 12 winning streak since winning four in a row in 2008.
• OSU has won 23 consecutive games in which four players have scored in double figures. OSU has achieved the feat in 12 of its 14 wins this season.
• Toni Young has scored in double figures in 24-straight games for the Cowgirls.
• in the past two games, Tiffany Bias has 23 assists against just six turnovers.
• The Cowgirls are currently ranked in the top 10 nationally in six NCAA statistical team categories.
• Liz Donohoe has made 38-straight free throws and is two away from tying the school record set by Andrea Riley in 2006.
• Donohoe’s streak currently ranks 21st in NCAA history. Riley’s string is tied for 14th all time.
• The Cowgirls have assisted on 304 of their 496 field goals (61 percent) thus far.
• OSU moved up 15 spots to No. 34 in this week’s set of NCAA RPI rankings.
Know The Foe
• The Wildcats snapped a three-game losing streak on Saturday with a road win against TCU.
• K-State is 5-3 this season at home.
• Brittany Chambers currently ranks second in the Big 12 with her 19.1 points per game and is playing a league-leading 34.6 minutes per game.
• The Wildcats are second in the league in 3-point field goals made per game at 7.8.
OSU vs. Kansas St. — The Series
• Kansas State leads the overall series 30-27.
• Kansas State has won three in a row against OSU after last year’s season sweep.
• The Wildcats have won the last three inside Bramlage Coliseum with OSU’s last road win in the series coming on Feb. 28, 2007.
Iowa State Leftovers
• OSU had five double-figure scorers for the first time in Big 12 play since Jan. 29, 2011.
• The win was OSU’s 40th all time against a Top 25 foe and was its second largest margin of victory against a ranked opponent.
• Tiffany Bias recorded her second double-double of the season with 12 points and 11 assists.
• Liz Donohoe finished 2-for-2 from the free-throw line and has now made 38 in a row from the stripe. (Don’t tell her. It might jinx the no-hitter!)
The Last Meeting
February 22, 2012
Cowgirls Fall To Wildcats, 53-50
Oklahoma State's women's basketball team suffered its fourth consecutive loss on Wednesday night, dropping a 53-50 contest at Kansas State in front of 2,797 fans inside Bramlage Coliseum.