Jan. 11, 2013
No. 21/18 Oklahoma State Cowgirls
12-2 overall; 1-2 Big 12
7-7 overall; 0-3 Big 12
Sunday :: Jan. 13, 2013 :: 11:30 a.m. CST
Erwin Events Center (16,540)
What 2 Watch 4
• Oklahoma State’s women’s basketball team will resume play on Sunday at 11:30 a.m. when it travels to Austin, Texas to face the Texas Longhorns.
• The contest will be televised by FSN with Bob Licht and Dan Hughes calling the action.
• OSU is coming off its first Big 12 win of the year, a 76-59 triumph over No. 17 Kansas. Texas is seeking its first Big 12 victory this season and is coming off a midweek loss at West Virginia.
• OSU has won 22 consecutive games in which four players have scored in double figures. OSU has achieved the feat in 11 of its 12 wins this season.
• The Cowgirls have three of the league’s top 10 free-throw shooters in Liz Donohoe (1st), Lindsey Keller (6th) and Tiffany Bias (10th).
• The Cowgirls are currently ranked in the top 10 in six of the 18 NCAA statistical categories.
• OSU currently ranks third in the country in scoring offense at 82.6 points per game and fourth in assists per game at 19.1 per contest.
• The Cowgirls have assisted on 267 of their 443 field goals (60 percent) thus far.
• OSU checked in at No. 62 in the first set of NCAA RPI rankings released on Monday.
Know The Foe
• Texas has lost five in a row after its 53-49 loss at West Virginia on Jan. 9.
• Chassidy Fussell paces UT in scoring at 16.6 points per game and is sixth among Big 12 players.
• Nneka Enemkpali checks in at 14.4 points per game and is tops in the Big 12 with her 10.6 rebounds per game.
• The Longhorns lead the Big 12 in rebounding margin (+13.1)
OSU vs. Texas — The Series
• Texas leads the overall series by a 25-11 count, but OSU has won eight of the last 13.
• The two squads have split the season series each of the past five years.
• OSU is 3-14 all time in Austin with its last win coming on Feb. 18, 2009.
• The victory was OSU’s third over a Top 25 team under the direction of head coach Jim Littell.
• Tiffany Bias played 40 minutes for the third time in the last four games.
• Brittney Martin recorded her second career double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds.
• Liz Donohoe finished 8-for-8 from the free-throw line and has now made 31 in a row from the charity stripe. (Don’t tell her. It might jinx the no-hitter!)
The Last Meeting
February 11, 2012
Cowgirls Fall at Texas, 69-53
Oklahoma State's women's basketball team suffered a 69-53 loss to Texas on Saturday night in front of 4,000 fans inside the Erwin Events Center.