Jan. 7, 2013
No. 21/12 Oklahoma State Cowgirls
11-2 overall; 0-2 Big 12
No. 17/20 Kansas Jayhawks
11-2 overall; 2-0 Big 12
Tuesday :: Jan. 8, 2013 :: 7:00 p.m. CST
Gallagher-Iba Arena (13,611)
What 2 Watch 4
• Oklahoma State’s women’s basketball team will face its second consecutive ranked opponent when No. 17 Kansas comes calling for a 7 p.m. contest on Tuesday in Stillwater.
• OSU has lost two in a row after its 83-49 loss at No. 2 Baylor on Sunday, while the Jayhawks are 2-0 in conference play after a 60-59 victory on Saturday at West Virginia.
• OSU will be looking to avoid its second 0-3 start in league play in the last three years. The Cowgirls lost their first three Big 12 games in 2011.
• The contest will pit the Big 12’s two active career assist leaders in KU senior Angel Goodrich (610) and OSU junior Tiffany Bias (453).
• OSU has won 21 consecutive games in which four players have scored in double figures. OSU has achieved the feat in 10 of its 11 wins this season.
• The Cowgirls are currently ranked in the top 10 in six of the 18 NCAA statistical categories.
• OSU currently ranks third in the country in scoring offense at 83.1 points per game and fourth in assists per game at 19.8 per contest.
• The Cowgirls have assisted on 258 of their 413 field goals (63 percent) thus far.
• OSU checked in at No. 62 in the first set of NCAA RPI rankings released on Monday.
Know The Foe
• Kansas improved to 2-0 in the league after its 60-59 win at West Virginia this past weekend.
• Overall, the Jayhawks are 2-2 on the road.
• Carolyn Davis is third in the league with her 59.9 field-goal percentage.
• Angel Goodrich is tops in the league in steals (3.4 spg) and is third in assists (6.5 apg).
OSU vs. Kansas — The Series
• Kansas leads the overall series by a 31-25 count after the two teams split a year ago with each squad winning on the road.
• The Cowgirls have won 10 of the last 17 after KU reeled off an eight-game winning streak.
• The Jayhawks’ last three victories against the Cowgirls have all come in Stillwater.
• The Cowgirls last beat KU inside Gallagher-Iba Arena on Jan. 10, 2007.
• OSU’s loss in Waco was the Lady Bears’ sixth-straight win in the series.
• Toni Young logged her fourth double-double in a row and now has 28 for her career.
• Liz Donohoe finished 4-for-4 from the free-throw line and has now made 23 in a row from the charity stripe.