the Oklahoma State coaching staff will be hosting their annual winter and summer camps at the Cowgirl Softball Complex. Head Coach Rich Wieligman brings his 14 years of Division I coaching experience in addition to professional baseball experience to the field as well as his assistants Tom Gray and Kelsi Dunne. Other camp staff members will include current and former Cowgirls, plus college coaches.
WINTER CAMP INFORMATION
When: January 25, 2014
Time: Different sessions throughout the day
Where: Softball/Baseball Indoor Cages & Sherman E Smith Training Center
HITTING AND FIELDING SESSIONS:
Hitting & Fielding Session 1: 9:00a.m.-1:30 p.m. (Ages 12-18)
Hitting & Fielding Session 2: 2:30p.m.-7:00p.m. (Ages 12-18)
There will be two of the same hitting and fielding sessions throughout the day. Each session will include both hitting and fielding with the campers split into two groups and rotating to the other event halfway through the session. In the hitting portion it will include rotating through multiple stations designed to improve every aspect of the players' swing and approach at the plate. During the fielding session they will work on fundamental throwing and fielding techniques. Sessions are limited to ages 12-18. Please enroll in the session of your choice. NOTE: If you are wanting to go to a pitching session make sure you do not double book your camper. All hitting sessions take place at the Softball/Baseball Indoor Cages just southwest of Cowgirl Stadium and the fielding ses-sions will take place in the Sherman E Smith Training Center.
Please bring any hitting/fielding equipment that you own (bat, batting gloves, helmet, fielding glove etc.).
All pitching sessions are limited to the first 36 campers. Please provide your own catcher (if your catcher is under the age of 18 they MUST wear a catcher's mask).
Pitching Session 1: 9:00a.m.-12:00 p.m. (All Ages)
There will be a group focusing on "Fastball/Change-up Mechanics & Speed Development" -- They will be working on basic fundamentals of the windmill pitch and speed development. Pitchers will learn numerous drills that are designed to help improve all facets of the pitches including wrist snap, arm circle and leg drive. This group is open to all ages.
Additionally there will be a separate group focusing on "Alternate Pitches—Curve/Screw/Rise/Drop" -- They will be working on the development of alternate pitches including curve, screw, rise, and drop ball. It will be assumed that all pitchers requesting to be in this group have a thorough understanding of fastball mechanics. The recommended grade level for this group is 6th-12th grade.
NOTE: If you are wanting to go to a hitting and fielding session make sure you do not double book your camper.
Pitching Session 2: 2:00p.m.-5:00p.m. FULL as of 1/7/14: contact Kaylan for details 405-744-4655
- $160.00 for the hitting and fielding session and $120.00 for the pitching session. This price includes online processing fee (receive $30 discount for registering in two sessions!)
- Registration is available online by visiting our camp website.
- Check-in begins 30 minutes before each session
- Please wear turf or tennis shoes (Campers should bring an additional pair of shoes to wear in the in-door facilities to avoid tracking in dirt, mud, grass, etc. Thank you!)
- Open to any and all entrants within the set age requirements
• Click Here For Winter Camp Brochure
• Click Here To Register
Join Cowgirl Softball Head Coach Rich Wieligman and his staff for an inside look on how they run an Oklahoma State Softball practice. Our staff will breakdown how they plan practice then implement it. YOU will see a LIVE OSU Softball practice! In addition to these events the staff will also discuss the way our Winter Camp is ran and give explanations of drills used during that camp. The coaches that attend the coaches clinic are invited to come watch our Winter Camp the next day, Jan 25th. Our staff is eager to share their knowledge to each and every high school and club team coach. This Clinic is designed to provide you with ways to better the athletes with the materials discussed. Make plans now not to miss this Clinic.
|January 24, 2014 from 5:00p.m. until 10:00p.m.
Cowgirl Stadium & Sherman E Smith Training Center
|Cost: $50 for the first coach
• $40 for each add'l coach on staff
• Facility Directions and Maps
• Click Here to download the brochure and registration form.
There are two summer sessions available. The first is an advanced camp for high-school aged students who are entering the ninth grade in the fall. The second is an intermediate camp for 8-14 year olds. Campers may choose to stay overnight in our campus dorms, or commute. ONLY online registration is allowed for Summer Camp (Starting April 1st).
|Summer 2013 Dates: June 16-19, 2013 (Grades 9-12)|
|Advanced Camp is for players entering grades 9-12. this camp will focus on advanced offensive and defensive skills. Players will have opportunity to work on position specific drills and team related drills and/or defenses in addition to offensive skills. Skills will be increased through station work, position work and competitive games. Campers will be staying in Bennett Hall across the street from Gallagher-Iba Arena. Check-in will begin at 5:00pm on Sunday in the Bennett Residence Hall lobby area. Check out time will be noon on the last day of camp.|
|Cost $400 Overnight - $300 Commuter|
|Last day of Registration: June 7, 2013|
|Dates: June 9-12, 2013 (Age 8-14)|
|The Cowgirls intermediate camp will allow players age 8-14 to develop and/or enhance offensive and defensive skills. This camp will focus on total player development through station work and competitive contests. Camp will be an overnight camp and campers will stay in Bennett hall across from Gallagher-Iba Arena. Check-in will begin at 5:00pm on Sunday in the Bennett Residence Hall lobby area. Check out time will be at noon on the last day of camp.|
|Cost $400 Overnight - $300 Commuter|
|Last day of Registration: June 1, 2013|
Drop Off: 9:00 am Cowgirl Stadium
Pick up: 9:00 pm Cowgirl Stadium
Lunch and dinner will be provided
• Registration is currently CLOSED. Check back soon for new camp announcements.
- WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO CAMP?
- Softball Gear:
- Athletic Attire
- Batting Glove
- Turf or Tennis Shoes
- For the Winter Pitching Camp, all pitchers should wear turf or tennis shoes in the Auxiliary gym. In case of inclement weather, please do not wear your pitching shoes outside to avoid tracking in dirt, mud, water, grass, etc. onto the gym floor (i.e. wear a pair of shoes for outside, and bring another pair of shoes for inside). thank you for your cooperation.
- Catchers must have all gear (i.e. mask, chest guard, knee pads)
- Sun Screen
- Bathing Suit (Possible Slip N Slide used to teach sliding techniques)
- Items for Dorm (if staying overnight):
- Linens & pillow (the recommended bed linens for our dorms are full size sheets or a sleeping bag)
- Bath Items (towel, soap, shampoo, etc.)
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.)
- Alarm Clock
- All dorm rooms are equipped with central AC
- Optional: Extra spending money for camp store (snacks, drinks, OSU apparel, pictures)
- Note: Please mark all of your equipment/items with your name. OSU will not be responsible for any lost items.
- *DON'T FORGET YOUR MEDICAL WAIVER FORM!
- MEDICAL WAIVER?
- All campers are required to turn in a medical waiver in order to participate in our camps. Each camper will be asked to review and verify medical information with our camp medical staff on the first day of camp. If you have filled out the online registration form, please bring the attached medical waiver on your confirmation email with you to registration. In addition, please ensure that you have listed your Insurance provider and policy number. We must have this information on file.
- WHAT IF I NEED TO LEAVE CAMP EARLY?
- If a camper is planning to leave camp early at anytime, there will be release papers for the parent/guardian to fill out at registration on the first day of camp. If the parent/guardian is not planning to bring their camper to camp, please contact the camp director to fill out the appropriate paperwork prior to camp. the parent or guardian must sign this paperwork in order for the camper to be released early from camp. Additionally, whoever is picking up the camper will be responsible for signing the camper out.
- WILL I GET MY REQUESTED ROOMMATE?
- We will do our best to match up every roommate request, however, requesting a roommate does not mean it will be guaranteed.
- WHERE IS CAMP LOCATED AND WHERE SHOULD I PARK?
- Please refer to the "Maps/Parking" link to review the camp locations, maps, parking, and directions.
- LOST ITEMS
- Please mark all of your equipment/items with your name. OSU will not be responsible for any lost items.
- In case of a medical emergency, a $75 administration fee will be assessed. A doctor's note must accompany any request for a medical refund. In case of cancellation, a $75 administration fee will be assessed. there will be no refunds for cancellations which occur within two weeks prior to the first day of camp.
- WHERE DO I CHECK-IN FOR WINTER CAMP?
- Hitters will check-in at Cowgirl Stadium, located on the corner of McElroy Street & Duck Street.
- Pitchers will check-in at Gallagher-Iba Arena Auxiliary Gym, located on the south side of Gallgher-Iba Arena on West Matthews Avenue and Knoblock Street. You will enter the SW doors of Gallgher-Iba Arena near the Joe & Connie Mitchell Academic Center. (See the link for Directions/Map above)
- WHERE DO I CHECK-IN FOR SUMMER CAMP?
- ALL campers will check in at Bennett Residence Hall, located north of Gallagher-Iba Arena on Hall of Fame Avenue.
- COMMUTERS must also check-in at this time to obtain a meal card.
- DON'T LOSE YOUR KEY!
- Overnight campers must pay a key deposit of $60 (cash or check) at check-in. Deposits will be returned on the last day of camp as long as you return your key.
- HOW MUCH SPENDING MONEY SHOULD I SEND WIth MY CHILD?
- Concession items, such as candy, food, snacks, and beverages will be available for purchase throughout camp and in the dorm. Cowgirl Softball apparel items will also be for sale.
- Campers will have the opportunity to purchase camp pictures as well (entire camp picture and/or an individual shot with head coach, Rich Wieligman).
For more information, please contact:
Director of Operations/Camp Director
*Per NCAA rules all camps are open to any and all individuals within the camp guidelines.
Transportation from the OKC airport will be available. Flights on Sunday afternoon before 4 pm are preferred. Please send all flight information to firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of a medical emergency, a $75 administration fee will be assessed. A doctor's note must accompany any request for a medical refund. In case of cancellation, a $75 administration fee will be assessed. there will be no refunds for cancellations which occur within two weeks prior to the first day of camp